Task Products provide Mud Gas Separator equipment to meet all demanding requirements. Our Mud Gas Separators are designed to safely and efficiently handle the separation and ventilation of gas pockets from mud systems during the drilling process. This product offers a perfect solution for all drilling processes expecting to face and handle large volumes of gas.
We have based the proven design of our DNV-GL certified Mud Gas Separator on the conventional process practice, which is comprised of a liquid seal system matched to an acceptable gas vent.
The liquid seal system was selected as it is regarded as one of the best methods for ensuring that the separated gas vents safely without breaking through to the mud tanks. Should the drilling rig require a more compact solution, Task Products can offer a trip tank based liquid seal design, whereas the trip tank can be used as a liquid seal. Alternatively, the seal may be in the form of an external U-tube arrangement.
The Mud Gas Separator is offered in multiple sizes for varying requirements in order to provide the most effective solution to the requirements of our clientele. The specifications of the Task Products Mud Gas Separator can be found in the Product Data Sheet here.
Purchase or Rental
To best meet the needs of our clients, we offer our Mud Gas Separators through a purchase or a rental agreement. If you would like to find out more about how we can reduce the costs associated with equipment carrying for you as an operator, please send your enquiry to – firstname.lastname@example.org
- DNV-GL approval upon request.
- Efficient removal of free gas.
- Easy assembly for multiple applications.
- Highest levels of safety for rig operation.
- Certification for all relevant applications.
- Purchase or rental options available.
- A choke manifold re-directs both the mud and gas from the flowline directly into the main body of the mud gas separator.
- The fluid impacts the baffle plates and causes the gas to release.
- The free gas is then gathered and extracted from the mud gas separator through ventilation to a flare or released to the surrounding atmosphere at the top of the vessel.
- The mud gas separator is able to preserve the fluid at a pre-determined level throughout operation.
- The drilling fluid is then fed back to the mud system for further extraction of any remaining entrained gas.
- Crash Frame.
- All relevant pipework.
- Radar Sensors for Gas Detection.
- Alarms for Gas Detection.
- Access Equipment (Ladders, Walkways, Etc.).
- Bespoke Lifting Points.
- Gate Arrangements.
- Third Party Certification.